Kriti Festival 2014 Call for Submissions
Deadline June 30
Kriti Festival of Arts and Literature Call for Submissions
September 25 – 28, 2014
University of Illinois at Chicago
DesiLit is pleased to welcome submissions to its upcoming festival of arts and literature, to be held in Chicago, Sepember 25 – 28, 2014.
Submissions are welcome in the following areas:
- literature (fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, drama)
- visual arts
If your work is selected, you’ll be invited to serve on panels and/or give a reading/screen a film/give a performance/etc. Panelists will receive free festival registration, and if there are funds remaining after expenses, a share of the proceeds towards reimbursing their travel expenses. We’ll also do our best to match you with local volunteer hosts if desired.
To have your work considered please send an electronic sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: KRITI SUB [title of work / your name], following these guidelines:
- a brief bio, PLUS one of the following
- literature sample (up to 20 pages)
- film sample (up to 20 minutes; if you want to send a longer film, be aware that we may only view the first 20 minutes)
- music sample (up to 20 minutes)
- dance sample (up to 20 minutes)
- image sample (up to 5 images)
For large sound/graphic files, we STRONGLY prefer that you host the work on your own site and send us a pointer to the URL, or submit via Google Drive or Dropbox. If you wish to submit in multiple genres, please submit each sample separately.
For a sample of our 2005, 2007, and 2009 panelists, please visit http://desilit.org/kriti.php. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
DEADLINE: June 30, 2014